So I picked up two discs on iTunes today. I would've gotten them at the store, but I didn't have enough money for that (And Andrew gave me a $15 iTunes card for my birthday, which went well with the 11 I still had on my account). Both are excellent discs and currently are sitting in my Top 5 of the year, right next to each other.
The first was Project 86's Rival Factions. These guys continue to impress on this disc. Project is one of my favorite bands around, and they totally blow away everything else in the hard rock realm. The lyrics, the vocals, the music...it's all there all the time. That's why I love these guys. Plus, their live show is awesome (Even in the rain...perhaps especially in the rain). This disc has some great tracks on it (And some even better titles), and it's definitely worth a look.
And then there's Brad Paisley's latest disc, 5th Gear. I've got to say, this disc has at least two or three songs that made me laugh out loud (Including the song which that line that titles this post comes from, Online...definitely good for a laugh for anyone who hangs out on Myspace). But there's some really awesome serious songs as well, which is of course what he is known for. Letter To Me, It Did, and Oh Love (Which features the lovely vocals on one Carrie Underwood). Throw in a great version of the classic church song, When We All Get To Heaven and a track from the Kung Pao Buckaroos (Who still have the funniest Christmas song I've ever heard), and you've got one incredible disc that currently stands at #3 for the year (Behind, of course, Relient K and Anberlin).
On other notes, tomorrow night is the church picnic, which to me means just one thing: Ultimate Frisbee! I get to get back on the Ultimate field and do some dominating. And no, that's not cockiness, that's just fact. It happens every time we play out there...myself and a few others always just rise to the occasion and make the spectacular plays look easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment