Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Heart Of Fantasy Season...

What better time of year than July and August for fantasy sports? I can't think of anything better. Baseball's entering the heart of the season (By the way, I'm 8-4, and if Ken beats Andy this week, I'll be in a tie for first place in my division with both of them). And, of course, the first signs of fantasy football are coming. Andrew already picked up ESPN's Fantasy Football magazine, and he's already set up two leagues. I know of four leagues already that I'll be playing in, and it's already time to start prepping for them. I've got a draft on August 17 at my house, August 25 at the church, August...I think 11 online, and I don't remember when the Yahoo! one is. But I'm excited.

I need to pick it up in the church league. I had a decent team last year, but I got ousted in the first round because of LT and finished 7th. In every other league, though, I averaged a finish of 2.5 or something like that (2nd or 3rd in every other league I played in). I'd like to actually get a win this year though...maybe I will, as long as I don't have to deal with stupid scoring systems. When you go 18-2 throughout the season and playoffs and your only two losses come because of a messed-up scoring system (Seriously, what system doesn't offer any points to a defense for getting a shutout?); well, there's only so much you can do.

Time for some wins!

No comments: