Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Season Finales Galore...

Ken, don't read this one until after you've seen the finales of 24 and Heroes...

First off, 24...excellent, as always. The oil rig showdown...okay, so they only did it to have some really cool explosions, but they got exactly that...really cool explosions. I like the contrast between Jack and Phillip. Phillip keeps telling Josh to let go of his emotions, but his emotions are exactly what drive Jack. He doesn't let them control him, per se (most of the time anyway), but he lets them guide him. I also like that we have indeed come full circle from the beginning of the season. We began with Jack ready and willing to die. We've followed him all season as he, as the writers put it when the season began, searched for reasons to live. He's let go of Audrey, but he's found a new family, of sorts, in his brother's now widow and her son. I suspect that we will see more of those two next season. Also, the rumors that next season is going to be "revamped" and that Jack will actually be out of CTU (Not just out in the field out, but not doing anything with them) are intriguing. I don't know that they're completely true, but it will be interesting. I'm already ready for January '08.

And then there was Heroes. Yes, I was wondering how it was going to end. It was a great episode, a good culmination to the season. My beef is that I didn't want them to kill Peter! Really now, did they have to do that? Or is he really dead? Was he able/will he be able to use Claire's power again? And what in the world is up with the whole Hiro thing? Why are we starting next season in 1617?

Only a few season finales left now...Veronica Mars is on tonight, and that's apparently the series finale, and Lost is two hours on Wednesday. Then, it's on to the summer programming. I need to check if Psych is going to be on again this summer...

No comments: