Well, I figured early on in the season that this Josh Bauer kid was going to have a little more to do this season of 24, and I was right. So what's this going to be, then? The final showdown between Jack and Phillip? Will this be the story of the Prodigal Son, except perhaps the Prodigal Father instead? Or will Jack have to kill his own father to save the world again? My guess is the latter. The former made sense earlier in the season, but not so much anymore.
Anyway, today was pretty sweet. I went and saw Spiderman 3, and I thought it was great. Admittedly there was a lot of plot involved, but I really enjoyed it. Plus, there were some cool parts that I'm hoping sparked the memory of some of the students in The Storm when they saw it, making them think, "Hey, we talked about that during the Spiderman 3 series!" It was a good movie.
Brad Penny gave me a nice start today in Fantasy Baseball...definitely should help me get a win this week. 7 innings, 5 hits, the win...oh, and 14 strikeouts. 43 points in all. Definitely a nice way to start the week. After all, though I know that I should win this week, I am playing Furball, and I just traded Ted Lilly to him, who has been doing pretty well so far this season. He also nabbed Derek Jeter from me, though I picked up Khalil Green before that, who's actually doing better than Jeter. Plus, the trade got me Jorge Posada (Who has been a much better catcher this season than Paul Lo Duca) and Chris Carpenter. Yeah, so he went on the DL. But it's a risk worth taking, since I'm able to put him on the DL, pick up another solid pitcher (Tom Gorzelanny made it back on the team), and when he does come back, I can get about 10 solid starts out of him, just in time for the playoffs.
Well, the Red Wings are up 2-0 after two periods, looking to close out their series against San Jose. I don't know how the Pistons are doing, but I like to assume that they're also winning. Should be a good night for Detroit sports...again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment