Monday, May 28, 2007

California, Here We Come, Right Back Where We Started From

Yes, I'm watching The OC. Season 4 (AKA the final season) hit stores Tuesday...I got it Saturday. I'm through 12 episodes of the sixteen since I've had nothing better to do the past few days (Aside from watching dogs). I kind of forgot...this season, though short-lived, had some rather amusing moments. Quite enjoyable stuff. It's still disappointing to know it won't be on anymore.

On other notes, the end of the middle and high school year is winding down, which means The Storm is as well. There's just three Wednesdays left, and then there's stuff going on during the summer with the entire church. We've got just one series left. The next two weeks, we will be doing a series called When Heaven Scrapes The Pavement. It'll be focused on sharing your story. The first week, which is this Wednesday, is about how Heaven scrapes the pavement (Basically, it'll be driving home the point that everyone's story is important, even it's not a "I was a drug addict, murdering lunatic before I came to know Jesus Christ" kind of story). The second week is about what to do when Heaven scrapes the pavement (Basically, the idea of not letting that story sit around and collect dust, but sharing it with those who it can help, listening to their stories, and relating the stories to help someone else come to know Christ...if you've ever been to DC/LA, this is basically what they teach the entire week, condensed into a little under an hour). And the last Wednesday of the year will be a Top 10 of the year, which I am looking quite forward to.

Alright, well, fantasy baseball's starting well for me this week...five home runs on day one. And I'm going to watch Love, Actually until I fall asleep (It's on USA...I don't know, maybe I'll end up popping Scrubs, I haven't decided yet). Sounds like fun.

1 comment:

Omagus said...

Hmmmm...not to be that guy but I certainly hope that Mars ILL received credit for y'all using the title "When Heaven Scrapes the Pavement."