Wednesday, May 9, 2007

No Gas May 15th! Oh Wait...

You know what's really funny? People who have the potential to put their efforts toward great causes instead focus their efforts on stuff like a "gas out." Well, it's not so much funny as it is sad. But I do always laugh when I see stuff like that. "We can make a difference if we just refuse to buy gas on May 15th! Prices will drop 30 cents per gallon!" No...they won't. People don't understand that those people who didn't buy gas on May 15th either don't need gas that day or, if they do, will just end up filling up the next day. The gas conglomerates aren't hurt by a one day "gas out," especially since no one really participates in them...

No, what I do is not buy my gas at Citgo...why? Because I don't want to support Hugo Chavez and his dealings. This is a boycott that is worthwhile to me, because I read the information on a web site I actually trust (American Family Association) a while ago. Does it really make a difference? Maybe. Maybe not. But this, to me, is a boycott worth actually doing. There is at least hope for something in this boycott.

Anyway, I'll get off of my podium now. Baxter is now back to actually being able to see (He when and got a haircut). And they didn't cut him like a poodle this time, which is nice (I mean, I know he's a cockapoo, but he just looked so...girly last time). The Storm is tonight, and we start a new series. It should be a pretty good one.

All in all, it should end up being a pretty good day.

No comments: