Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire
Yes, that's something kids of six years of age or so say. It's also now lyrics to a song off of The Used's new CD. Honestly, is there any more schizophrenic band out there then The Used? Take, for example, the latest CD, Lies For The Liars. They've got some really great...I guess you could call them "love songs"...on the disc, including Earthquake and Find A Way. On the other hand, they've got songs on the same disc with lyrics as childish as that title (Those lyrics come courtesy of Liar Liar (Burn In Hell), in case you're wondering). And then there's song about death and pain in general. Seriously, these guys are the definition of screamo if ever there was a definition of screamo. Dashboard Confessional may have introduced the art of a great emo CD, but The Used have taken emo, screaming, and schizophrenia and made it into a career. I truly have no idea what to say about this disc. At times I'm loving it, at times I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment