Thursday, August 30, 2007

Family "Christian"?

I was just leafing through my monthly Family Christian catalog, and I was surprised by some of the stuff I saw in there...Night At The Museum and Eragon, in particular. Apparently "Christian" now just means "Family-friendly." Don't get me wrong...some of the movies they're now selling are some of my favorites from childhood...honestly, who can go wrong with Sandlot? It's just weird to these movies being sold in a FC catalog.

I don't want to sound like I have a problem with this, because I think we as Christians often times take the whole idea of separating "Christian" and everything else, and FC is one of the biggest culprits. My issue is that the store needs to be one or the other. You can sell just "Christian" music but then sell "Family friendly" movies. Why not sell some mainstream music then, as long as it's "family friendly."

No comments: